I don't know if this is the right name for it or not, but I have been calling this dish "gazpacci" for as long as I can remember. You know that cucumber, tomato, and onion salad that is usually served in Italian restaurants? Yeah, this is that.
-----
Gazpacci
2 medium cucumbers
1 small red onion
6 Roma tomatoes
1 T. minced garlic
1 T. balsamic vinegar
1 T. olive oil
Peel the cucumbers, and split them in half lengthwise. Scrape out the seeds with a spoon, and then slice the cucumbers thinly. Place in a shallow, 1-qt. plastic bowl with lid.
Slice the tomatoes in half, then scoop out and discard the seeds. Dice the tomatoes, and add to the bowl with the cucumbers.
Cut the onion into thin slivers, and add to the cucumber and tomato.
Add the garlic, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil. Toss well, cover tightly, and refrigerate for 1-2 hours (or overnight.) Serve.
No comments:
Post a Comment